Sunday, June 16, 2013

SONP Submission #2

So here is my second project, which took longer then a week. So for starters my sister asked me to make her a dress that she could wear while she is working. My sister is a professional photographer and so she needed room to move, arm holes that did not hinder or restrain her from doing her fantastic job. If you want to take a peak at her work, check her out at Julie K Photo, you might get lucky and catch a shot of her working in her dress.

Anyway, she lives in California so I put the dress on my form and took the shot!

The fabric was mean! I will say this, using polyester silk is not for regular sewing machines without the right feet for hemming or a serger. There I said it. I am so glad I was able to solve the problems that the material presented but I would rather work with natural fibers, especially after this one.

So here it is...

Multi Color Poly 

I got the pattern from a Simple sew shirt/blouse idea and I just added length and some width to get the dress length. That was the easy part and it was fun to watch it slowly take shape.

Dark Blue Ribbon on bottom hem and sleeve hem
Dark Ribbon Tie 
Elastic neckline
So hopefully I will have dress/skirt  number three up in the next day or so and then onto number 4! 


No comments:

Post a Comment