Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week 1 of SONP 2013 Project

So I finished my skirt today! Yes finally got it done as it seemed to get put on the back burner until well yesterday. I decided to do a quick wrap around skirt as that seemed the easiest and fastest way to make a quick and cute skirt. I must say it turned out interesting as my waist is smaller than my hip ratio.  So I will have to take it in with a few darts in the back.



My hubby took the picture in my parents back yard, figured flowers might make the picture more interesting. 

Anyway, here it is gals. It was fun to make but I will certainly do things a little differently next time. As the pattern I used from a suggestion online is most certainly not made for those of us who are blessed with hips and booty.  I do like how it feels though, the material is light and I can sit in it without things pulling in places that it should not be pulling. I have always found it a great frustration in regards to my booty and hips with most straight clothing, hence knit works really well. But seriously knit gets old after a while and I thought color might just do me some good.

So we shall see what I decide to do for this next project. I may just make my moms skirt and have her prance around in it for pictures. Although I am in some serious need of a few new pieces for summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment